Monday, July 19, 2010

A run on the turkey-DC Family Photographer

I woke up early this past Saturday and headed north on George Washington Parkway to Turkey Run, a park/trailhead along the Potomac to photograph a family I have known for a year now. You may remember John and Kate from this post and this one when their son was younger. They had originally booked one session but when it began to rain at the end I offered to finish shooting at another time.

In July when they were passing by Lexington where my family and I were living at the time we invited them for 4th of July dinner. My daughter took to them immediately and I felt that a friendship was formed.


Now here I am, back in the DC area and we've already hung out a couple times, at a park, at dinner, it's been great having friends. And that is what I had always hoped for when I started this business: to make lasting relationships with the families I shoot, to photograph their family as they grow. I'm so grateful for wonderful friends like John and Kate and for being able to get out shooting again! Despite the cold that their little boy had I'm pleased with what we were able to get. Hope you guys are too.







No comments:

Post a Comment