Friday, December 31, 2010

Recipe Fail

The 2010 December Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Penny of Sweet Sadie’s Baking. She chose to challenge Daring Bakers’ to make Stollen. She adapted a friend’s family recipe and combined it with information from friends, techniques from Peter Reinhart’s book.........and Martha Stewart’s demonstration.

And... I failed because I took some beautiful pictures of my stollen and then accidentally deleted them. Um, who does that!?

The stollen was interesting and pretty yummy considering I don't care much for dried fruit in bread. It had a warm cinnamon flavor with nuts and chocolate (an extra I decided to throw in for extra yumminess). I will make this short. Reading about food without any images is rather lame. January will bring a new baking challenge and photos which I promise not to delete. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment