Sunday, January 17, 2010

Goal #100-Take a business class or some course on new businesses

I am really excited that I did this. I had been wanting to take a business class ever since I started last April because let's face it, my course of study in undergrad and graduate school did not teach me much about how to run a business.

As luck would have it one of the largest photography associations (PPA-Professional Photographers of America) decided to hold their annual Imaging USA meeting in Nashville of all places. They offered numerous classes before the actual conference, most of which were business related and I decided to do a 2 day course to hopefully get me up to speed on what I need to be doing. It was taught by the amazing Carol Andrews and Ann Monteith, both of whom have been in the business for years and really know their stuff. I feel extremely lucky to have been able to attend and find the information that I learned invaluable. This year is going to bring about a lot of great, refreshing and new changes so be on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment