Monday, October 5, 2009

101 in 1001-Goals # 15 and 69

Is it wrong of me to be so proud of myself for accomplishing some of these goals? Either way, I am! Not only is it fun to check things off the list, I'm also learning some awesome things along the way. Take goal #15 for examples:

15-Learn how to make fabulous focaccia.
For those who don't know this about me, I spent a year and a half in central Italy (as far north as Pisa and Florence and as far south as Naples). During that time I ate incredible pizza... unlike anything I have ever eaten. Along with great pizza and pasta, focaccia was one of my favorite breads to buy when returning home in the evening. I wanted to find a great focaccia recipe and learn how to make it and I did! My brother-in-law actually made it first and then I got the book from the library and made it. If you're interested, it's written by Peter Reinhart and is called "The Bread Baker's Apprentice". We actually had it for dinner last night. I still want to make some improvements...


And finally, goal #69

#69- Take a yoga or pilates class

I joined the local YMCA last month and just this morning attended my fourth yoga class and I am in love! Sorry, no pictures for this one since I don't think my classmates would be too pleased with me snapping pictures in the middle of class. Just know that I feel more relaxed, more limber and more pensive. All great things for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment