Wednesday, August 26, 2009

#3-Buy a Nikon D90


I did it! About a month ago. Bought myself a pretty new camera body. And it's been well worth the upgrade. Some have been surprised (others possibly even scoffed) when they found out I was shooting with a D40 before. I am a firm believer though that it's the artist first and then the tool... not that I'm calling myself an artist but you know the saying.

The upgrades with the D90 have been beyond wonderful... now I secretly pine for the D700. Obviously the D3 would be most amazing but it's slightly (cough cough) out of our student/side business budget. So I am happily content with what I have and what I am able to do. I feel as though a new world has been opened up to me!

Now I just need to get some business... hmm... :)

On a completely different note, I am on the lookout for amazing sweet potato fries. I have some expectations though, well, just one and here it is: I want a crunchy/crispy sweet potato fry. I tried two places already which I had found on the web. Everyone had raved about how good the sweet potato fries were. I didn't like either one. The first batch at a "diner" was too greasy and soggy. The second batch was baked in the oven and kind of like eating mush. The taste was good but the texture... not so much. So Nashville people, if you are reading this and know of some awesome sweet potato fries please share the info. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment