Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Friends

I don't know about you but I love it when I am able to see old friends. Even with all the marvels of modern technology you sometimes lose touch with friends. How wonderful is it then when you can catch up, see how one another's families have grown and even better, capture the family dynamic? Amy and I met while we were both living in the Middle East. The minute we started talking there was just a click... it was a friendship where you completely understood one another and had numerous aspects of life in common. Though she was married with two kids and the third on the way and I single, it was as if we had known each other for ages. Don't you love it when you have an instant connection like that?

We both returned to the States at different times and didn't keep in touch all that well until I sent out an email about my business and we discovered we were only three hours apart. And so I drove up to DC last weekend with the main intent of shooting Amy and her family. We caught up on our lives (both now married, 4 and 1 children/child respectively) our future plans, our struggles as moms and more. I fell in love with her boys (as will you when you see them) and it made me anxious for a little boy. Here's to great friendships and memories!






1 comment:

  1. Boys really are so different. Love the shot of the three boys and the close up on the baby. Just beautiful!

    PS...You were one of about 20 just this morning!

    ReplyDelete